We get home and start doing the bedtime routine. While the girls are upstairs taking their showers I get out Baylee's papers from her class. There is a special booklet in there from her teacher. The teacher asked each child a series of questions and wrote down their answers word for word. I start reading through the questions and find Baylee says that her favorite part of Cubbies on wednesday nights is "movies" Well not the super religious answer I was hoping to see but just a tad more realistic than her cousin's answer of "backhoes and bulldozers" Reading further along I find that she knows that every one sins and does bad things and that heaven is "up" Good solid Biblical principles are most certainly being taught in her home, huh? I can hardly contain myself. Not only is my class doing a great job, but even with my youngest child I am doing a really god job! Then I read the next question "Who is Jesus?" Well obviously that is an easy one. I glance down the list and find her name, my chest bursting with pride only to read “I don't remember" My little pride bubble burst right there. Ugh obviously she and I have a lot to work on over the summer.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9
I asked Alaina what it means when you get baptized. She said, "Is that when they crucify you?"....clearly, we have some work to do here too. You ARE the best Sparks teacher - they learned a lot this year. Next year you'll just have to tell them who Jesus is & what baptism is & we'll go from there.
ReplyDeleteHa Ha, Alissa! Putting that on my list for next year.....Who is Jesus and What is baptism.
ReplyDelete